Today, there are many web hosting providers out there for you to settle on that specializes in providing affordable hosting solutions, fancy features, and top-notch customer service. However, deciding which host to traveling with isn’t all that easy.
Luckily for you, we are here to interrupt down one among the foremost popular web hosts on the market today, HostGator, to ascertain if what they need to supply is what you would like so as to run a successful website, without running yourself into the bottom with site issues.
HostGator may be a leading hosting provider with headquarters in Houston and Austin, Texas. it’s one of the most important and hottest hosting companies in the world. the corporate was founded back in 2002, and that they now host websites for over 400,000 customers. This long-term success is indicative of their hosting service’s quality and reliability.
They offer shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress hosting plans.
Introduction & Overview
In this comprehensive HostGator review, we’ll put their promises to test with a rigorous and thorough analysis using industry-standard benchmarking tools. Following are the areas we’ll look into:
- Reliability: Will your website be available 24/7/365 with no downtime?
- Performance: How briskly will your website load on HostGator? We’ll run our own performance tests to research this.
- Customer Support: Can you count on customer support? Will you be able to easily get help when needed?
- Features: Do their features assist you in easily create and manage your website?
- Pricing: Do they provide the simplest pricing in the industry? Are there any HostGator deals that will prevent money?
This is our complete HostGator review and we’ll be doing an in-depth analysis of Bluehost’s pros and cons.
Pricing & Plans
HostGator offers a spread of hosting plans. you’ll choose between shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated servers. However, their main offering is shared WordPress hosting and this is often where most users begin their journey.
Let’s take a glance at these plans offered by HostGator.
Breakdown of HostGators’s Shared Hosting Plans
HostGator’s shared hosting plans are available on three different levels. All plans include unlimited storage and bandwidth. the most difference is that the number of internet sites you’ll host.
- Hatchling: The Hatchling plan allows you to host just one website. It includes a 1-click WordPress installer and comes with a standard set of features.
- Baby: The Baby plan allows you to host unlimited websites. It includes all the features of the Hatchling plan, and you’ll also use addons like private SSL.
- Business: Suitable for little business websites. This plan includes free dedicated IP and is suitable for starting an eCommerce website.
HostGator Hosting Plan Features
Another thing you’d want to seem at is that the features that you’ll get with each hosting plan. Here is what’s included in each hosting plan offered by HostGator.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited addon domain
- IP deny Manager (Security)
- Unlimited FTP
- Free SSL
- Unlimited MySql database
- Hotlink Protection (Security)
- 24*7 Customer Support
- 45 Days money-back guarantee
- Ruby on Rails
- Cron Jobs
- Automatic Backup
- 99.99% uptime
With Baby and Business plans you’ll host multiple websites and domain names under an equivalent hosting account.
Which HostGator shared hosting package is best?
- If you want to create only one website, you should buy the “Hatchling” package.
- If you plan to host multiple sites, go with the “Baby” package.
- If you want a website for your business then you can choose the “Business” package. This plan includes free dedicated IP and is suitable for starting an eCommerce website.
My recommendation for most users would be the “Baby” package as it offers everything you need and is a complete value for money. (unless you’re a business user in need of the dedicated IP and SSL).
Pros And Cons
Like every other product and repair , each hosting company has its pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of HostGator that we learned.
- Reliable hosting: HostGator guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. If you experience downtime below that, then you’ll revisit one month’s credit on your account.
- Generous money-back guarantee: HostGator offers 45 days money-back guarantee. Normally, web hosting companies don’t offer a moneyback guarantee beyond 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: you’ll choose from monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing periods will get you the foremost discount.
- Free migration: HostGator offers a free migration service with all new accounts. Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the primary 30 days of signing up.
- Higher monthly pricing: Higher monthly pricing is sort of above annual plans. you’ll remedy this by choosing the annual plans as they are doing offer a 45-day moneyback guarantee.
- Aggressive upselling: you would like to review the extra services pre-selected during the sign-up process. If you’re unsure, then uncheck them anyways. you’ll always add them later when needed.
Let’s check out the last six months of HostGator’s uptime and reaction time , as measured by Pingdom.com. Although this data represents just one test site, it still provides you with an honest idea of what it’s wish to use HostGator.
- Downtime: 9 minutes
- Outages: 2
- Uptime: 99.996%.
HostGator guarantees 99.9% uptime. you’ll monitor your site’s uptime from the HostGator user dashboard — if they fail to satisfy this guarantee, they’ll credit your account with one month of free hosting.
We also tested a website with high traffic made from Hostgator. To test this we used a tool called K6 (formerly LoadImpact). We used it to send virtual users to an internet site and gradually increased the number of users on the location up to 100 directly.
You can see the end in the chart below:
The blue line within the chart is page load time and therefore the Green Line shows the amount of users on the location . As you’ll see, our test site performed rather well throughout the test with a mean reaction time of 203 milliseconds.
These results are particularly good for a shared hosting account.
Support And Customer Service
We all need help every now then. it’s really important that you simply choose an online hosting company that provides help and support once you would like it.
HostGator offers one of the simplest customer services within the industry. This includes 24/7 phone and live chat support also as ticket-based email support. you’ll contact customer support directly from your instrument panel. In fact, your support tickets are the primary thing you see once you log in
Now that you simply have read our detailed HostGator review, you’re probably thinking if HostGator is true for you?
HostGator offers a spread of hosting plans that fit all budgets and requirements. they provide all the tools you’ll got to build an internet site .
Over 2 million customers have already trusted HostGator. Whether you’re a seasoned Internet pro, or simply starting out together with your first website, you’ll find every necessary tool to bring your website to a subsequent level.
If you are looking for a balanced hosting service (low price and good performance), I’d suggest you check out Hostinger. It is a bit cheaper and performs similarly or better than HostGator.
If you want to start a blog you will be needing Hosting for that. Read our review on two of the best hosting company BlueHost and Hostinger before purchasing one.
Is HostGator good for WordPress?
Yes, HostGator is sweet for WordPress and highly recommended for anyone who wants to start out a WordPress website. they need a highly optimized platform for WordPress, 1-click WordPress installation, and 24/7 support.
Which is better HostGator or Hostinger?
HostGator and Hostinger are both our recommended hosting companies. Bluehost has a plus in overall performance, security, and value for money. HostGator tries to beat that with slightly cheaper hosting plans, a 45-day moneyback guarantee, and faster support.